Summary: Albert R. Mann Library
Instructions for Using a Laptop/MacBook
with the Built-In Display LCD
NOTE: For help please contact the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
Laptops and MacBooks are available for check out there as well.
1) Plug the power cord for the laptop into power outlet of the Computer Center (the
black box with the lid in the front of the center table).
2) Pull the VGA cable from the Computer Center and connect it to your laptop.
(This is what allows the laptop to project on the LCD.)
3) Hit the Fn and F8 (CRT/LCD) keys at the same time to project to the LCD. (This
works as a toggle, so keep hitting the key-combination until the display is
4) Right-click on the desktop and select Graphic Properties and then Display
Settings to change the resolution. (The native resolution of the LCD is 1366 x
768 but the best setting will be dependent on the laptop's capabilities. Try
different options to find the one that works best.)
MACBOOK RUNNING MAC OS
1) Plug the power cord for the MacBook into power outlet of the Computer Center
(the black box with the lid in the front of the center table).