Department: Student Administration and Registry
Location: Varies - as advised by the Outreach and Partnership Team
Job title: Languages Mentor
Responsible to: UK Student Recruitment and Outreach Team
Duration: October 2009 July 2010
Payment and benefits: £100 overall for e-mentoring 4 mentees (based on a rate of
£6.42 per hour this amounts an average of 30 minutes of e-
mentoring per week).
£6.42 per hour for all face to face mentoring.
Overall Purpose of Job:
· To provide face to face mentoring and/or e-mentoring support to students in Years 10 13.
· To work on other language related activities and events with younger children.
· To encourage children/young people to continue their language learning
· To be a positive and enthusiastic student role model
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To help mentees see the connections between their current studies and the future stages in