Summary: Guidelines for Oral Presentations
CURO 2011 Symposium
April 4, 2011
1. Each oral session is 50 minutes in length. Oral Sessions being at 10:10am and run
Monday/Wednesday/Friday class periods.
2. Presenters should arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before the start of their assigned
session. You should use the 15-minute break before your session to:
a. Check-in at the registration desk and receive Symposium packet;
b. meet the room's convener;
c. and consult with the assigned technology support staff about presentation
3. Each session must, and will, begin and end on time. A convener will be assigned to
your session to assist with logistics and time keeping.
4. Stay throughout the entire session to support your fellow CURO presenters.
5. Encourage friends and family members to stay throughout the entire session.
6. You will have 15 minutes for your presentation. This should include 1-2 minutes for your
sponsoring faculty member to introduce* you and talk about the context of your research,
10-12 minutes for your presentation, and 1-3 minutes for Q & A. There are three to four
presentations scheduled in each session. This schedule must be strictly adhered to so that
all presenters have the opportunity to talk about their research. Faculty research mentors,