Home

About

Advanced Search

Browse by Discipline

Scientific Societies

E-print Alerts

Add E-prints

E-print Network
FAQHELPSITE MAPCONTACT US


  Advanced Search  

 
Since the School was established as a department of music in 1928 under the leadership of Hugh
 

Summary: Facilities
Since the School was established as a department
of music in 1928 under the leadership of Hugh
Hodgson, it has been housed in a variety of
buildings; at one point classes were taught in seven
different buildings. With the development of East
Campus, the School acquired a state-of-the-art
facility, one that meets the needs of the School and
serves as an impetus for expanding programs and
activities. Since 1995 the School has been housed
in the three-building Performing and Visual Arts
Complex, along with the Georgia Museum of Art
and the Performing Arts Center.
In the five-story, 100,000-square-foot School of
Music Building studio, rehearsal, and performance
spaces have superior acoustics, designed with
curved and angled walls and slant-pitched ceilings.
In addition to studios, classrooms, and a music
library, the facility contains practice rooms, group
piano classrooms, two organ rehearsal studios, two

  

Source: Arnold, Jonathan - Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center & Department of Genetics, University of Georgia

 

Collections: Biotechnology