Summary: Rev. 03/31/11 Page 1
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
FIRE MARSHAL'S OFFICE
TEMPORARY FOOD DEALER'S
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. All outside caterers or contractors providing food at the University of Houston must be in
possession of a valid Health Permit (City of Houston, Harris County, or the State of Texas).
2. All outside caterers or contractors providing food at the University of Houston must employ a
Certified Food Service Manager's Certification.
3. Faculty, staff, or students intending to use a caterer or an outside contractor to cater an event
on campus, must follow all rules and regulations mandated by the Department of Public
Safety Fire Marshal's Office (FMO).
4. Faculty, staff, or students shall submit a request for a Temporary Food Dealer's Permit at
least three working days prior to the proposed event.
5. Temporary Food Dealer's Permits expires upon completion of the event accept in the case a
variance is granted. If the event if forced to be postponed, please contact the FMO for a
permit extension before the original permit is to expire. Otherwise you will need to fill out a
6. Faculty, staff, or students providing temporary food service establishments on campus, shall