Summary: Rewards and Recognition Policy, Public Service Award revised 11/21/05
Date of Plan: August 24, 2001
Organization: School of Medicine
Contact Person: Anne Kromkowski, Director of Budget and Compensation, 924-5369
1) Name of Recognition & Reward Program: Public Service Recognition Award
2) Goal/Objective: Recognize employees who have given outstanding service and promoted positive
relationships between the University and the surrounding communities. This award will be
administered, funded, and presented at the School of Medicine level.
3) Business Reason(s) for Using Program: Encourage employees to support and give back to their
community; promote the positive contributions the University provides to our region.
4) Nomination Process, if applicable: Outside parties, fellow employees and/or managers may nominate
by using the attached form and checking the appropriate box.
5) Criteria to Be Used to Differentiate Levels of Awards:
- Volunteerism to benefit the community (3 awards of $100 will be presented).
- Significant community service and/or more volunteer responsibility (2 awards of $500 will be