Summary: Queen's University
Support Services for Students in Distress
Good mental health is a key part of student wellness and success.
One in four university and college-aged students will experience a mental health problem
Please know that there are things we all can do to help people in distress. If you are experiencing
distress, there are on-campus and community resources to support and help you. If a friend talks to
you about feeling overwhelmed and isolated, or of being in emotional pain that is too great to bear,
or wanting to harm themselves or end their lives, PLEASE don't ignore this.
Listen and be supportive, and encourage them to talk to someone who can help.
· Health, Counselling & Disability Services (HCDS) 613-533-2506
o call for an appointment with a doctor or nurse for confidential support
· Counselling Service at HCDS 613-533-6000-78264
o call for an appointment with an experienced professional counsellor for confidential
crisis support or 1:1 counselling
· University Chaplain 613-533-2186
o for non-denominational support and service
· Queen's International Centre (QUIC) 613-533-2604
o personal support and referral for international and exchange students
· Alma Mater Society (AMS) Peer Support Centre 613-533-6000-75111