Summary: E-Mentor General or Subject Specific (Health and Social Care, Languages)
Department: Student Administration and Registry
Location: Varies - as advised by the UK Office Team
Job title: E-Mentor
Responsible to: UK Student Recruitment and Outreach Team
Duration: October 2009 July 2010
Payment and benefits: £100 overall for e-mentoring up to 4 mentees (based
on a rate of £6.42 per hour this amounts an average of
30 minutes of e-mentoring per week).
Overall Purpose of Job:
· To provide e-mentoring support to students in Years 10 12 or mature students.
· To be a positive student role model
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To maintain weekly contact with mentees throughout the duration of the scheme
using the e-mentoring software
· To help mentees see the connections between their current studies and the future
stages in their development
· To be willing to discuss issues and experiences that will support and raise mentees'
self-esteem, motivation, confidence, persistence and application. Information given