Summary: Cal. State University Channel Islands Fall 2006
Syllabus for Math 140: Calculus for Business
Instructor: Dr. Mohamed Ait Nouh
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Voice: 805-437-2740
Office hours: My office is 268, located on the second floor of Sage Hall.
· MW 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 3:00-4:00 PM and 5:00-6:00PM
· TuTh 4:30 AM-5:30 PM
· MW 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM (section 1) MW 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM (section 2)
· MW 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM (section 3) TuTh 5:30 AM - 6:45 PM (section 4)
Text: Applied Calculus for Business, Economics, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences, by Barnett,
Ziegler, and Byleen (Eight Edition). Custom Edition for California State University Channel Islands.
This Custom Edition is affordable and every student is required to have a copy !
An introduction to differential and integral calculus in the context of business and economics
applications. We will cover the first seven chapters of the textbook.
Calculator: A Texas instrument calculator is required and I am able to help you with TI-
83, 85, 86, 92. I strongly recommend to have TI-83 or TI-84.
Grades:Total: 1000 points which is equivalent to 100%.
(1) Homework: 150 points (15%)
(2) Quizzes: 200 points (20%)