CALL FOR PAPERS
MRS Symposium QQ: Solid-State Chemistry of Inorganic Materials VI
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: JUNE 20, 2006
Materials Research Society
506 Keystone Drive, Warrendale, PA 15086-7573 · Tel 724-779-3003 · Fax 724-779-8313 · email@example.com
For additional meeting information, visit the MRS Web site at www.mrs.org/meetings/ or contact:
REMINDER: In fairness to all potential authors,
late abstracts will not be accepted.
The scope and importance of solid-state chemistry has grown with the discovery of new materials and through the advancement of techniques for preparing and studying
them, including the development of advanced theoretical and computational tools. As a consequence, our knowledge of the diverse properties of solids continues to expand.
This symposium, the sixth in a biennial series, will provide an international interdisciplinary forum for the presentation and discussion of recent advances in the solid-state
chemistry of porous, nano-, and bulk inorganic materials and their impact on devices and technology.
Specific topics include:
· Crystal chemistry and new structures
· Novel methods of synthesis
· Functional materials: optical, optoelectronic, polar, dielectric, ferroelectric, thermoelectric, catalyst, etc.
· Combining material functionalities: multifunctional materials
· Atom, ion, and electron transport: materials for energy applications