Summary: Postdoctoral Research Associate (Stable Glass-Ceramic Nanocomposites as Compliant
Seals for SOFCs)
APPLICATION SCREENING IN PROGRESS!
The appointment will be for a period of 9 months, beginning March 2012.
Requirements: A PhD within last 3-5 years in Materials Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or
Chemical Engineering with strong background in materials synthesis, processing and SOFC
characterization together with exceptional hands-on experience with TEM, SEM and XPS among
others, of ceramic nanomaterials and nano composites.
1. Synthesis and processing of ceramics and their nano composites with glass,
2. Thorough structural, microstructural and surface characterization of the above formulations,
3. Designing and conducting sealing experiments with button SOFCs for extended period of
time and, data analysis and interpretation,
4. Coordinating with the industrial partners to optimize the composition, properties and
performance of the composite,
5. Working independently in formulating experiments and carrying them out successfully in the
given time-frames and,
6. Writing periodic activity reports.
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and, peer-reviewed publications to
demonstrate the capability to undertake the proposed research. Salary commensurate with