Summary: MATH2750 - Introduction to Markov Processes Practical 1
MATH2750 Markov Processes Practical 1
· This practical is NOT included in the assessment for MATH2750,
but you are encouraged to write a short report to summarize your work. If
you wish to have feedback, then you should hand-in your report as soon as
· Timetabled practical sessions will run in Week 4 as follows:
Day Time Room
Monday 13th Feb. 11.0012.00 Bragg B Cluster
Thursday 16th Feb. 11.0012.00 Bragg B Cluster
Postgraduate assistants will be available in the computer cluster to answer your
questions and to help sort out possible problems.
· To make the best use of the time, you should familiarise yourself with the task
below BEFORE attending the session.
· You are expected to attend only once, but if needed you may come back in
your own time, or complete the work at home. As well as the above cluster,
there are many others around the University which can be used.
Aims of the practical:
This practical has several aims:
· to remind you how to login to the University system and start R;