Summary: Math 3B/3C Syllabus
SIMS Program, Grace Kennedy
SIMS Website: http://www.epsem.ucsb.edu/summer programs/sims.html
Course Website: http://math.ucsb.edu/kgracekennedy/SIMSsummer2010.html
· Please be on time or a few minutes early. We will spend the first few
minutes working on a problem I'll have on the board.
· Please turn off cell phones. If a cell goes off, you will be expected to
lead us in a round of the quadratic formula song. (Don't worry, we'll sing
· Take notes. Not everything I cover will be in the course reader or in
handouts I provide, and you will wish you could remember what I said
about such-and such.
· Work with your classmates. You will get your homework finished faster,
and you will gain deeper understanding of the concepts by discussing them.
Make sure you are explaining as well as listening, even if it is explaining
back something that was explained to you.
· Turn in your own work. Definitely work with others, but the work you
should submit should be your own. Once you discuss problems with your
classmates, make sure that you do your own original write-up of the so-