Summary: to new protein synthesis or recycling from the bud.
Also, latrunculin-A (20 min, 500 M) did not cause a
shift in GFP-Ist2p from bud to mother cell in wild-
type or cdc12-6 cells at the permissive temperature.
Thus, actin is not required to maintain GFP-Ist2p in
18. Y. Barral, V. Mermall, M. S. Mooseker, M. Snyder, Mol.
Cell 5, 841 (2000).
19. E. Rodriguez-Boulan and W. J. Nelson, Science 245,
20. M. S. Balda et al., J. Cell Biol. 134, 1031 (1996).
21. B. Winckler, P. Forscher, I. Mellman, Nature 397, 698
22. D. Zhou et al., J. Cell Biol. 143, 1295 (1998).
23. C. L. Nehme, M. M. Cesario, D. G. Myles, D. E. Koppel,
J. R. Bartles, J. Cell Biol. 120, 687 (1993).
24. Immunoprecipitation of She2p-myc, She3p-myc,
Myo4p-myc and untagged control were performed as
described (8). RNA fractions were prepared from the
immunoprecipitates by extraction of the eluate with