Summary: 1 | E d u c a t i o n R e s e a r c h T o o l s S e p t e m b e r 2 0 1 1
IInnttrroodduuccttiioonn ttoo RReesseeaarrcchh TToooollss iinn EEdduuccaattiioonn
Contact Us: Make an hour-long appointment with your reference librarian.
Email: email@example.com Phone or voicemail: 613-533-3193 or Toll Free at 1-866-267-7406
Library Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30 9:00; Friday: 8:30 5:00; Saturday and Sunday 12:30- 5:00 pm.
Things to know as you begin your research: http://library.queensu.ca/ See Locations Education Library
· Get Connected from home at http://library.queeensu.ca using your NetID and password.
· Library is wireless. See Services >> Computers & Printing to print from your laptop.
· My Account >> Renew Books and RACER for ILL.
· To photocopy or print, purchase a cash card at the Circulation Desk for $5.00.
Tools to Help You
· Different tools for different purposes: handbooks, reviewing tools, Summon, Google Scholar, Education
databases, tracking references; look for e-books; use DVDs (e.g. Understanding research: How to read and
understand a research study - Q180.55.E9 U53 2008 DVD)
· When you start doing searches on your topic, make a list of the core indexes in your area, and also set up
the alerting service within each database to automatically send you new articles by re-running searches.
· E-Theses page for when you start writing your thesis.: http://www.queensu.ca/etheses/
· Carry a USB key to save articles.