Summary: Safeguarding Children
We promote children's rights to be strong, resilient and to develop a positive self image, which
includes their heritage arising from colour and ethnicity, their languages spoken at home, their
beliefs, cultural traditions and home background.
The University of Southampton Day Nursery will work closely with children, parents and the local
community to ensure the rights and safety of children and to give them the very best start in life.
· All staff working within the nursery will have a CRB enhanced police check.
· Any staff waiting the results of a police check will not be left unsupervised.
· Any volunteers/students will not be left unsupervised.
· All staff will be expected to attend regular training to ensure good knowledge of safeguarding
· All staff, parents, volunteers and students are aware of our safeguarding policies and procedures
· Before any post is offered two references will be required.
· We have a procedure for recording the details of any visitors into the setting.
· We have security steps to ensure that we have control over who comes into the setting so that no
unauthorised person has unsupervised access to the children.
This setting is committed to responding promptly and appropriately to all incidents or concerns of
abuse that may occur and to work with outside agencies in accordance with the procedures that
are set down in `What to do if you're worried a child is being abused'.
Responding to suspicions of abuse