Summary: Division of Administration and Finance
Department of Public Safety
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Name: Ginger Walker
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Safety Tips for Parking During the Holidays
· Park in well-lit areas. Ask yourself what will the area you are parking in look like AFTER
nightfall when you have finish shopping and return to your vehicle.
· Make sure your car doors are locked at all times.
· Don't make your vehicle a display case for thieves who window shop by walking from car
to car looking for merchandise in plain view. Put your purchases out of sight or in your
· When walking to your car, survey the area around the building and the parking lot.
· Walk with your head up and make eye contact with people passing by. The last thing a
criminal wants is to be identified.
· Have your keys ready to open the door or trunk as you approach your vehicle.
· Check around and under your vehicle before unlocking the doors (key or remote) and