Summary: Desert and Dryland Forest Research Group at UNLV
Coordinated by Scott Abella, Assistant Research Professor, email@example.com
· We provide knowledge services about the ecology and management of
southwestern USA desert and dryland forest ecosystems.
· We conduct and provide research, monitoring, scientific literature
synthesis, and technical assistance to resource managers.
· Projects are run through the UNLV School of Life Sciences, Office of
Research, or the Public Lands Institute, depending on project-specific
· We have expertise in botany, invasive species ecology and treatment, fire
ecology, restoration ecology, monitoring design and statistical analysis, and
scientific literature synthesis.
· We specialize in working with resource managers to address key information
needs for management through applied research that builds ecological
knowledge and results in accessible scientific publications.
Examples of recent projects:
· Monitoring post-fire plant succession and BLM seeding effectiveness (BLM
· Research projects to guide revegetation in rare plant habitat (National Park