Summary: Selecting Articles
Submit (via Eagle) the name of the article you intend to have the group study. You may read MANY
papers before you find a good one for us to read. You are expected to do that preparation.
The paper you select is a paper which
(1) you have read
(2) which is appropriate for the class to read in terms of level and in terms of content for an agent class
(3) which supports the research you intend to do for this class. If the paper is not understandable
without reading another paper first, have us read the supporting paper (not the original paper you
(4) which comes from a reputable source. While a google search MAY lead you to an interesting article,
you need to find a version of the article which is published in a well respected conference/journal.
Besides picking the article, you also need to
1. email me with the pdf of the article, so I can post it to the website.
2. come prepared to give a 510 minute sneak preview of the article the class period before we will be
discussing it. You can use powerpoint if you want, but this is not required.
3. serve as the discussion leader during class discussion