Summary: THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON (#730 AND SYSTEM #783)
HISTORICALLY UNDERUTILIZED BUSINESS
The University of Houston's commitment is to promote the successful development of minority and
women-owned business, improve the local economics, and enrich the quality of life in our service regions,
which we have established in our Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program.
· Enhance the ability of HUBs to compete for contracts & purchases
· Heighten awareness of HUB utilization within the UH System
· Identify new potential HUB vendors
· Encourage HUBs to participate in the competitive bid process with the objective of increasing
the number of contracts awarded to HUB vendors
· Meet the State's six (6) category goals of eligible contracts awarded to HUBs
· Establish administrative policies structures & procedures necessary for efficient and effective
operation and management control of the HUB Program
OUTCOME MEASURES FOR HUB UTILIZATION OBJECTIVES
The percent of total dollar value of purchases, contracts & subcontracts awarded to HUB firms.