Yale 11 and 12
Evolutionary Stability: cooperation,
mutation, and equilibrium
· Simplified model
· Symmetric two player games
· Random Matching keep track of average payoffs
· Relative successful strategies grow
C 2,2 0,3
D 3,0 1,1
· Relative successful strategies grow.
· Assume no gene redistribution
· Asexual reproduction
· Large population. entire population is all playing the
same (possibly mixed) strategy, S, (hard wired).
suppose there is a mutation, S'. Will it thrive or will it
die out? If all possible mutations die out, the original