Summary: Rewards and Recognition Policy, Outstanding Performance Award revised 11/21/05
Date of Plan: August 24, 2001
Organization: School of Medicine
Contact Person: Anne Kromkowski, Director of Budget and Compensation, 924-5369
1) Name of Recognition & Reward Program: Outstanding Performance Award
2) Goal/Objective: Recognize and promote positive behaviors by providing instant rewards. This award
will be presented at the departmental level.
3) Business Reason(s) for Using Program: Encourage employees to think creatively of ways to improve
performance or customer service and to think more broadly about the impact of their efforts on the
4) Nomination Process, if applicable: The department head or administrator may supply an on-the-spot
award based on direct observation or feedback from a fellow employee or outside individual.
5) Criteria to Be Used to Differentiate Levels of Awards:
- Significant contribution (award flexible to the policy cap).
- Sustained contributions (award flexible to the policy cap).
- Major sustained contribution with broad scope (award flexible to the policy cap).