Summary: University of Regina Faculty of Business Administration
BUS 275 - 001 Fall 2011 Page 1 of 3
BUS 275 Section 001, Fall 2011
Operations Management (OM)
1. Class time: M, W from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. in ED 616
2. Instructor: Romulus Cismaru
3. Office: 540.9 Education Building
4. Office phone: 585 - 4040
5. E-mail: Romulus.Cismaru@uregina.ca
6. Office hours: by appointment
7. Text book: Heizer, Jay and Render, Barry, Principles of Operations Management,
Eighth Edition, Pearson/Prentice Hall. Please bring the text book with you
for every class.
8. Course summary: BUS 275 is an introduction to managing operations in service and
manufacturing organizations. Operations (or production) creates the product
and therefore is the function that adds the most value to an enterprise.
Topics will include: project management, forecasting, quality management,
location and layout strategies and supply-chain management. Problems of
production of both goods and services will be considered.
9. Course objective: The goal of the course is to present a broad introductory to the field of OM