Summary: Spring 2006 CS 649 1
IP Lecture 7: Self-Localization I
What is Localization
Spring 2006 CS 649 2
· A mechanism for discovering spatial
relationships between objects
Why is Localization Important?
Spring 2006 CS 649 3
· Large scale embedded systems introduce many fascinating
and difficult problems...
· This makes them much more difficult to use...
· BUT it couples them to the physical world
· Localization measures that coupling, giving raw sensor
readings a physical context
· Temperature readings temperature map
· Asset tagging asset tracking