Summary: 1 of 7
Establish the RS-232 (serial) Connection
1. Connect an RS-232 null-modem cable between the computer
and the Logix Controller.
2. Launch RSLinx
3. Click on RSWho to see what connections are available.
2 of 7
4. Open the Communications menu and select Configure Drivers.
Use the Available Driver Types menu and select RS-232-DF1
Devices. Click on Add New.
5. Enter a name for the driver or use the default name, AB_DF-1.
Click OK to open the Configure RS-232 DF1 Devices screen.
3 of 7
6. Select Auto-Configure and RSLinx sets the proper parameters.
4 of 7
7. The updated screen appears. Click OK.
8. The RS-232 driver is now Running. Click close.
5 of 7
9. The RS-232 driver appears in the RSWho windows. To verify
that the computer is connected to the Controller double-click on