Summary: Remote Telesurgery
Daniel Obenshain and Tom Tantillo
· Telesurgery means performing surgery via
robotic tools, as opposed to traditional
laproscopy or even more traditional open
· This allows surgeons to perform "minimally
invasive" operations with more control than
Da Vinci Robot
· The da Vinci Robot, build by Intuitive Surgical,
has become the most commonly used
instrument for telesurgery.
· It has two parts: the control console and the
Image from http://www.davincisurgery.com, ©2009 Inuitive Surgical, Inc.
· Remote telesurgery is the same as normal
telesurgery, except that the surgeon and the