Summary: Change of Name
Current or former students or employees who change their legal name, or whose registration of a change of name is
annulled, must notify the University of Regina immediately and provide evidence of the change using this form.
One of the following documents must be presented:
(equivalent documents from other jurisdictions are acceptable in lieu of the Saskatchewan forms that are named)
· Certificate of Marriage (Saskatchewan form V.S.16)
· Notice of Dissolution of Marriage or decree absolute (Saskatchewan form V.S.11)
· Certificate of Change of Name (Saskatchewan form C.N.3)
· Certificate of Registration of Change of Name Effected Outside the Province of Saskatchewan (Sask form C.N.5)
· Notice of use of double surname (apply to the provincial Director of Vital Statistics)
· Birth Certificate (Saskatchewan form V.S.15)
You must present either the original document or a certified photocopy that has been attested by a Guarantor. The
Guarantor's position and original signature must appear on the photocopy of your documentation, and be marked
"Certified True Copy". Original documents will be returned to you after a copy has been taken.
Name changes can be processed in person or by mail. Fax is NOT acceptable.
A Guarantor must occupy one of the following positions:
· Legal professional (lawyer, police officer,
commissioner for oaths, notary public)
· Minister of religion
· Signing officer of a bank or credit union