Summary: Exercises on DL
1. Define the following concept: Attendee (of some work-life balance work-
shop) is a working mother employed by the University of Nottingham.
Assume that you have an atomic concept Woman, roles Child and Em-
ployer, and a constant uon for the University of Nottingham.
2. Describe someone all of whose children only have female children them-
selves (that is a person who only has granddaughters, if he or she has any
3. Describe someone who has children, and all of whose children have chil-
4. (a) Do d1 d2 and d2 d3 entail d1 d3?
(b) Do c d1 and d2 d1 entail c d2?
(c) Do c d1 and d1 d2 entail c d2?
= [AND Woman [EXISTS 1 Child] [FILLS Employer uon]]
2. [ALL : Child Woman] describes someone all of whose children are
female, and we want to say that someone's children are described by this
concept, so we say [ALL : Child [ALL : Child Woman]].