Summary: Hugh Hodgson School of Music University of Georgia
Opera Coach Academic Professional
DATE OF APPOINTMENT August 2011
RANK AND SALARY Academic Professional (non-tenure track employee). Salary
commensurate with credentials, experience, and reputation.
QUALIFICATIONS Experienced opera coach, proficient and fluent in the major opera
literature, vocal technique, and diction. Excellent rehearsal pianist.
Doctorate or equivalent professional experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES · Musical preparation for all opera productions and concerts
· Coaching of individual singers and ensembles as needed
· Instructor of beginning and advanced diction classes (English,
Italian, French, and German)
· Instructor of Opera Literature Class
· Accompany singers for vocal department auditions
· Accompany opera productions and concerts when not
accompanied by an orchestra
· Collaborate with and assist the UGA Director of Opera in all
matters pertaining to planning, scheduling of rehearsals, casting,
and preparation of the opera program
TO APPLY Applications will be reviewed beginning April 8, 2011 and until the position