Summary: STUDENT FINANCE ENGLAND INFORMATION & KEY DATES
FOR NEW STUDENTS 2012/13
Are you starting a full-time course at university or college in the
· Find out what student finance is available to you and apply online
now at www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance
- Most students won't have to pay anything up front. There are
student loans to help with tuition fees and living costs.
- Repayments are based on future earnings and not what you borrow
and you only repay when you have left university and are earning
more than £21,000.
- Students may also qualify for a government grant, which doesn't
need to be paid back.
· You don't need to have accepted a place at university or college to
apply for student finance. Apply online by 31 May 2012.
· Giving Student Finance England your UK passport number and your
parents' or partner's National Insurance numbers means that, as part
of their assessment, SFE can automatically check your identity with
the Identity and Passport Service and household income with HM