Summary: Incomplete Contract, ver. 1.1 (1.22.11)
Graduate Incomplete Grade Contract Form
USF GRADUATE SCHOOL
4202 East Fowler Ave, BEH 304
Tampa, FL 33620
TEL: (813) 974-2846; http://www.grad.usf.edu/
PURPOSE OF INCOMPLETE CONTRACT
An Incomplete Grade ("I") is exceptional and granted at the instructor's discretion only when students are unable
to complete course requirements due to illness or other circumstances beyond their control.
Students may only be eligible for an "I" when:
· Majority of the student's work for a course has been completed before the end of the semester (for courses
that have the "majority" of work turned in at the end of the course, the instructor may use discretion in
determining satisfactory progress based on attendance, small projects, student communications, etc. to
determine the eligibility for an I grade).
· The work that has been completed must be qualitatively satisfactory.
· The student has requested consideration for an "I" grade as soon as possible but no later than the last day of
· Applies to S/U courses (but not directed research type courses, which have a Z/U grading option for
· THE ELIGIBILITY TO RECEIVE AN I-GRADE IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE