CS 6100 Spring 2010
Exam 1 100 points
Fill in the blank (1 point each)
1. In game theory , _________________________ describes a situation in which a participant's gain or
loss is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the other participants.
2. _____________________ agents do not simply act in response to their environment; they are able
to exhibit goaldirected behavior by taking initiative.
3. The difference between objects and agents is that objects do it for free, agents to it
4. A two player game is termed _______________________, if one player gets the same as the other
player if the roles are reversed.
5. An outcome o is _______________________________ if there exists no other outcome o' such that
some agent has higher utility and no agent has lower utility in o'.
6. In _________________________ voting, the single choice (having more votes than other choices) is
7. If a player plays cooperatively at first, but once the other layer defects, the player defects from then