1. You may not use notes or a calculator.
2. Tear off this sheet and use it to keep your answers covered at all times. If you need more
scratch paper, I have some.
3. Write your name on the back of the test by the staple to facilitate returning the exams. Do not
write your name on the front of the exam.
4. No question is meant to have a syntax error. If it does, fix it or ask me how I want the error
5. You are graded not only on the correct answer, but also the best answer.
6. Look at the number of points a problem is worth in deciding how much time to spend
answering it. A question with five points probably doesn't warrant three pages of proof (unless
you have finished answering everything else).
7. The amount of space provided is an indication of how much room I needed to answer the
The master method for determining recursive complexity:
T(n) = c if n < d
) if n >= d
a > bk
then T(n) is O(n log