Summary: BIOL 1020 Syllabus Winter 2011
CLASS OUTLINE AND EVALUATION
After completing this class you'll be able to:
1. Use what you have learned as a basis for pursuing further studies in the biological
2. Describe the process of scientific discovery as it applies in biology.
3. Provide and make use of precise definitions.
4. Locate and make use of relevant academic resources.
5. Consider objectives of an experiment, conduct observations, assess results, and write a
report, citing references appropriately.
6. Discuss some of the biology involved in topical social issues (e.g. cloning, genetic
engineering, disease, environmental issues) and use what you have learned as a basis
for informed citizenship.
Schedule and Calendar
For complete details about the class schedule and deadlines, download the Calendar via the File
icon in the Action Menu, above right. Note that some aspects of the class (such as assignments
and assessments) may be temporarily hidden from you while revisions are in progress, but all
relevant deadlines are included in the Calendar.
During the summer term, a combined calendar with deadlines for both BIOL 1020 and BIOL