Summary: Computer Aided Chemical Engineering
CHEN 3600 Summer 2011 Policy on Electronic Submission of Assignment,
Quiz, and Exam Materials
The purpose of this policy to enable the facile collection, processing and retention of student work
submitted electronically. It is required that these rules be strictly adhered to for all electronic
submissions, including exam or final exam work. Failure to comply will result in no credit for the
assignment. No notification of unacceptablilty will be provided.
File naming: All files generated in conjunction with graded assignments for this course are to
be transmitted by email to the instructor. These files MUST employ the specified naming
convention. Files which do not follow the naming convention will not be accepted.
1. All characters in filenames must be lower-case
2. Elements of the filename must be separated by underscores " " (not spaces).
3. The first element of the filename is your email-id (university computer id)
4. The second element of the filename is the assignment identification (see below for exam-
ples of the required designations.
5. The third element of the filename (if required) is any special designation (see below).
6. For MATLABR
files, only *.m or *.mat files will be accepted.
7. For MS Office related files, only Office 2007 and Office 2010 files will be accepted.
Office 2003 files must be converted before transmission. It is strongly suggested to NOT