Summary: Notes on Technical Writing
The University of Texas at Austin
Notes on Technical Writing p.1/44
Why bother to write well?
· Professional appearance
· Like a well-prepared resume
· Well-written material is easier to read
Both of these affect the impact of your work.
· If you want your writing to have impact, make
sure your message is clear and out in front.
Notes on Technical Writing p.2/44
1. Unnecessary wordiness:
· The purpose of this transistor is to lower the
· This transistor lowers the output impedance.
2. Vagueness, obscurity:
· It has been argued  that the the benefit is