Summary: Ka Yee Yeung: CV 1
KA YEE YEUNG, PH.D.
SC IE N TIFIC RE S E A R C H EX P E R IE N C E
· Extensive independent research experience in computational biology.
· Experience as the Principal Investigator on NIH-funded research grants (R01 and K25).
· Proficient in the preparation, application and management of research grants.
· Diverse research expertise spanning multiple disciplines, including computational biology,
computer science, statistics, and biology.
· Collaboration with biomedical and computational scientists to identify research problems,
formulate the scientific framework and engineer practical solutions.
· Experience mentoring graduate students and working with software developers in
· Open-minded approach to problem solving.
RE S E A R C H IN TE R E S TS
· Development of algorithms and tools for the inference of biological mechanisms by
integrating heterogeneous high-throughput data sources.
· Design of practical algorithms and software tools to identify biologically meaningful
biomarkers from high-throughput data.