Summary: MSTP/ IBIS CURRICULUM AND THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
GENERAL PLANNING NOTES:
Please read through all the MSTP/IBiS curriculum and The Graduate School registration
requirements from Year 1 through Year 3+. If you have questions, ask the IBiS Office.
IBiS Curriculum Requirements:
· You are expected to take:
3 IBiS or comparable elective courses by the end of Spring Quarter of Year 1.
At least 2 of these courses need to be IBiS dedicated courses (check the current
course offerings online or from the IBiS Office).
2 years of Seminar series IBIS 462-0 in Years 1 and 2 (BMBCB and NBP
2 quarters of Special Topics courses IBIS 455-0 in Years 2 and 3
1 Bioethics course IBIS 423-0 in Year 1
· TA 1 quarter, usually in Year 2
· Plan to assemble a qualifying committee in Spring of Year 1
· Plan to take the Qualifying Exam in Summer of Year 1
The Graduate School Registration Requirements:
1. You must complete 8 quarters of TGS residency consecutively over 2 years:
8 Quarters of IBIS 590-0