· Now range is leftwing or rightwing politics.
· Assume even distribution of voters. Voters will
vote for closest candidate.
· Change some critical assumptions of model· Change some critical assumptions of model.
· Number of candidates is not fixed adjusts itself
· Candidates cannot select their positions.
· Assume each voter is a potential candidate.
· Strategy run or not to run
· Voters vote for closest running candidate
· Payoff prize for winning (b)
· cost of running (c)
· b >= 2c
· unhappiness if candidate who wins is far fromunhappiness if candidate who wins is far from
me |xy| (you are at x, winner is at y)