Summary: Graduation (PhD) Checklist
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, KUMC
· Register for one credit of "Doctoral Dissertation" (PHYS 999) in the semester in which you will
· Inform Graduate Program Director by email that you have submitted Dissertation to Committee.
· Allow your committee a minimum of two weeks to formally approve your dissertation for
defense (this does not mean they approve a final version, just that there are no significant
changes that need to be made that would otherwise preclude you from defending).
· Schedule your defense date (3 weeks out) after getting provisional approval of dissertation.
Inform Graduate Program Director and Physiology Administrator of the date, immediately.
· Physiology Administration (Jennifer Fajardo) will help with reserving a room for the defense and
the brochure handed out at your defense.
· The Graduate Program Director will fill out Progress to Degree online form. Note: Needs to be
three weeks prior to your defense date.
· Apply for graduation through the Enroll & Pay website. There are specific deadlines for this
every semester, and they are different from those issued by Graduate Studies regarding the last
day to defend, last day to get all your paperwork in, etc. It's best to apply for graduation on
Enroll & Pay as soon as you are sure that you will defend during that semester.
· After your (successful!) defense, make sure that the Committee Chair informs the Graduate
Program Director the result of your Defense by email, the Program Director in turn must enter