Summary: Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Staff Volunteer Information
· A volunteer appointment can be approved for a period of up to 12 months. Appointments may be renewed annually.
· Staff volunteers are persons who directly volunteer their services for a staff appointment without compensation and who are
subject to the control of the University.
· University policy and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) permit individuals to volunteer for a staff appointment without
compensation providing that the appointment does not displace a regular staff employee.
UCSD Staff Volunteer Policy and Guidelines below;
· Are eligible for Worker's Compensation coverage only.
· No compensation is allowed in this series
· Once the appointment ends, the visit ends also.