Summary: Accreditation & Continuous Improvement Committee
Meeting Minutes: June 6, 2006
Attendees: Eve Riskin (Chair), Martin Afromowitz (EE), Lucien Brush (MSE), Monica Duke (CSE),
Carl Ebeling (CSE), Brad Holt (CHEM E), Tom Horbett (BIO), Vipin Kumar (ME), Uy-Loi Ly (AA),
Bill McKean (PSE), Richard Storch (IND E), Eric Stuve (CHEM E), Janice Henderson (CoE).
Absent: Jim Borgford-Parnell (CELT), Rick Gustafson (PSE), Don Janssen (CEE), Karen Kasonic (TC),
John Kramlich (ME).
Guests: Nana Lowell (OEA), Dean Matt O'Donnell.
How OEA can help with the continuous evaluation process for ABET:
Nana Lowell told the group about OEA's services:
· Course evaluations with ABET goals on the back of the form (that include individual
course reports and custom summary reports)
· End-of-program assessment reports (a very open-ended report)
· Alumni surveys (5- and 10-year, not broken down by college)
Other elements provided by OEA that the College may not be utilizing include:
· Exit surveys (@ a cost)
· Map learning goals for individual courses, majors, college
· Make hierarchical links explicit
· Methods for "Closing the assessment loop"