Advanced Search

Browse by Discipline

Scientific Societies

E-print Alerts

Add E-prints

E-print Network

  Advanced Search  

Funding for undergraduates who already have a degree. Matter plus

Summary: Funding for undergraduates who already have a degree.
Matter plus
If you already hold a UK Hons degree you may not be able to
receive loans and grants from Student Finance. Only those
students studying a professional qualification such as medics,
dentists and architects will receive some assistance from Student
Finance for their second degree.
This information has been compiled to help you understand the
funding situation and offer you some leads to alternative funding
Support for Medics (MBChB), Dentists (BDS)
In years 1-4 you will be entitled to a full-rate loan for maintenance
but not a maintenance grant or the loan for tuition fees. You will
be assessed for a University bursary.
From year 5 onwards your tuition fees will be paid by the NHS, you
will be eligible for a means-tested NHS bursary and a reduced rate
non means-tested loan for maintenance. You will NOT be assessed


Source: Applebaum, David - Department of Probability and Statistics, University of Sheffield


Collections: Mathematics