Summary: Spring Honors Orientation Packet
I. ADVISING & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
A. HOW TO RESERVE A SEAT IN AN HONORS COURSE
Step 1: When an Honors class appears in the OASIS system, this does NOT necessarily mean the class is
To find out if an Honors course has space available:
· Go to http://asg.citp.uga.edu/HonorsCourses/courseSched.php
· Click on the Course Schedule tab
· Click on the call number of the class you want
· A smaller window will pop up, showing how many spaces are available
Step 2: If a seat is available, call the Honors office (706-542-3240), stop by the Honors Front Desk, or
contact an Honors advisor to request access.
Step 3: Sign onto OASIS and add the class to your schedule.
· If you reserve a course and then decide not to take it, please inform the Honors office or an Honors
advisor so we can open up the space for another student.
· There is no waiting list system on OASIS or within the Honors Program. If the course you need is
full, continue checking the course list regularly to see if a seat becomes available.
B. Honors Program Advising Contact Information
New Honors students do not need to be re-advised for Spring, but the primary advisor for students in Franklin
College may switch to an Honors advising staff member. Franklin Students majoring in Math, Computer