Summary: University of Regina Campus Master Plan
Design Charrette Outcomes
Facilitator: Gail Shillingford
The University of Regina is a vibrant, inviting, sustainable community providing a timeless sense of place for all.
· Orientation: To look outward as well as inward
· Encourage connections with city "Town & Gown"
· Experience of a "collective campus community"
· A timeless campus
· University of Regina should be the most "natural" campus
· A leader (architecture, research)
· Plan to optimize existing resources
· Adaptive responsive to change
· Clarity of presence, approach, and function
· A complete community
· Big Move 1: Open the campus outward. Look to the city, the community, the park.
· Big Move 2: Why linear? Think outside the grid. Work with the natural landscape.