Summary: Problems of the Week Guidelines
· Problems of the Week are optional, though there are incentives involved.
· After this week, all problems sets will be found online (we will not print
them). You can find them on the UCSB Math Circle website:
· No late homework will be graded, ever! Problems are due at the beginning
of class, one week after they are assigned (two if there is a holiday.) They
will be graded and returned the following Friday.
· Submitted homework should be stapled, and no pages from spiral bound
notebooks! Loose leaf lined paper or printer paper only.
· For each problem, you get up to four points for neatness and clarity, and six
possible points for finding a solution.
· If I cannot read your writing, or your solution does not make sense (the
answer is correct but you don't explain why that is the answer) you will not
get any points for that solution. No plagiarism! I can tell if you copied your
friend's work, and if you got it off the internet. Make sure your work is in
your own words! You may be asked to explain your solution further.