Find DOE Collections
View OSTI tools in Data.gov
Data.gov recently incorporated into its Tools Catalogue several additional search engines developed by OSTI. These include:
- Science Accelerator
- Science Conference Proceedings
- Federal R&D Project Summaries
- E-print Network
- Energy Files
In addition, OSTI serves as Operating Agent for Science.gov and WorldWideScience.org, and provided those to Data.gov as well. Science.gov was developed through the interagency Science.gov Alliance, and WorldWideScience was developed through the international WorldWideScience Alliance.
Data.gov is an administration-wide Open Gov Initiative aimed at increasing the ability of the public to easily find, download, and use federal government datasets. In December 2009, OSTI submitted 17 tools and services to data.gov, including XML scientific dataset services, scientific search widgets, and science-related RSS feeds. Subsequent to the OSTI submission to data.gov, Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced the DOE assets were included in the National Assets initiative. Five of the data sets hosted by OSTI were identified by the Department of Energy as “high value” data sets (scroll).
Several OSTI-led initiatives, products and services are listed within the DOE Open Government Plan issued in April 2010.
- Visit the DOE Green Energy portal
- Find related OSTI news
- Find OSTI-hosted high value data sets (scroll)
- Find OSTI-hosted tools and services in National Assets initiative
- Find OSTI slide presentation on Open Government
- Find OSTI-led products and services in the DOE Open Government Plan
- Read the blog